Five Tips to Beat Summer Heat
- Run Ceiling Fans. Keep your ceiling fans running to circulate conditioned air. This can also increase comfort by keeping the air moving in your home.
- Seal Air Leaks. All homes have air leaks as a result of the construction process. Air leaks allow conditioned inside air to escape, causing your cooling system to run more frequently. Having your home air sealed by a qualified contractor will help ensure the job is done right the first time.
- Run Bath Fans. Running your bath fan after showers will help remove warm, humid air. By adding a timer to your bath fan, you can schedule it to run on a daily basis to continually move stale, warm air out of your house.
- Adjust Thermostat. If your home has a programmable thermostat, check it. Can you turn it up a degree or two during the day? Increasing the temperature in your home during the day when there are fewer people at home can provide some relief in your energy bills.
- Increase Attic Insulation. Many homes don’t have enough attic insulation. Even newer homes may have attic insulation that does not meet current codes. Contact a qualified contractor to have insulation added to your attic. Increasing your attic insulation can save up to 30% on your energy bills!
If summer temperatures have made your home uncomfortable, it’s time to do something about it. If you’d like us to check your attic insulation level or talk with you about air sealing, give us a call to schedule your free estimate.