Crawl SpacesHave a crawl space? You may have big problems.
Crawl spaces are susceptible to moisture and deterioration problems. Why? Soil has high humidity which causes a crawl space to become damp. This damp environment can be unhealthy, harboring mold and creating an ideal living space for pests.
This damp space is not isolated below your home. In fact, your crawl space directly affects the air quality inside your home. The natural airflow of a home is from bottom to top (ground to sky). As your home naturally breathes, the moist air (and everything in it) flows up and into the living areas of the home.
By properly air sealing and insulating your home’s crawl space, you win by:
- creating a more comfortable and more healthy living environment for you and your family
- saving on energy costs by not having to heat or cool the air from the crawl space that is pulled into your home due to natural air flow
- creating additional storage space for your home by creating a clean and dry space beneath your home
There are two steps to properly air sealing and insulating a crawl space:
- Install floor liner
- We utilize a multi-ply, 22 mil liner that has a 25-year manufacturer’s warranty
- The liner seals out moisture and soil gases and is unaffected by storage items and human traffic (you can use your crawl space for additional home storage without worry)
- Install spray foam insulation
- Naturally inhibits mold growth, discouraging rodent or insect nesting.
- Can be installed along the crawl space walls or the ceiling to seal air leaks and maintain a comfortable temperature in the main level of your home.
- Can be installed to any R-value
Contact us to schedule your free estimate!