Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Monday, March 7, 2016
We install residential spray foam insulation in attics, crawl spaces, basements and walls. Our team has the expertise to install the right insulation for your project. You can rest easy knowing we are qualified contractors with the attention to detail.
Homes that are properly insulated and air sealed have energy bills that are up to 30% lower than before insulating and higher indoor air quality resulting from sealing out pollutants and other contaminants.
fiberglass insulation and cellulose insulation in existing homes. When properly installed, each type of insulation can deliver comfort and lower energy bills, especially during the hottest and coldest times of the year.
Contact us for your free estimate today!
Thursday, March 3, 2016
If you’re not familiar with spray foam insulation, think of a foam coffee cup or a foam ice chest. Both products keep heat or cold in, while protecting the exterior from transferring temperature. Spray foam insulation does exactly the same thing.
Spray foam insulation doesn’t just insulate your home like fiberglass, cellulose or other insulation products – it also seals air leaks. Why does this matter? Air sealing prevents air from inside your home from escaping through the cracks and crevices in your home. These exist around recessed (can) lights, plumbing stacks, electrical wires, attic hatches or doors, around chimneys or flues, and duct chases. This means conditioned air you’ve already paid for stays in your home.
There are two types of spray foam insulation: open cell spray foam and closed cell spray foam.
Open Cell Spray Foam
- it is vapor permeable
- is able to accommodate seasonal movement
- is not a food source for mold
- dampens sound
Closed Cell Spray Foam
Foam InSEALators installs open cell and closed cell spray foam insulation from the following companies:
- SWD was founded by spray foam insulation contractors who were seeking roofing and insulation solutions that traditional polyurethane suppliers could not provide. SWD's Quick-Shield Spray Foam insulation and roofing products are specifically engineered to meet the toughest building code standards. All Quick-Shield products, including roofing, insulation, and coating solutions, are ICC and/or CCMC approved and are technically superior for traditional building needs.
- Icynene® is a sprayed foam insulation from Canada introduced in 1988 that continues to receive rave reviews, and it has gained national attention with its frequent appearances on the popular PBS television program, "This Old House." It is also widely used in many of the American Lung Association's "Health Homes" being built around the country.
- JM Corbond
- JM Corbond is a closed-cell spray foam insulation. JM acquired the Corbond line in 2009, adding this product to their line of fiberglass insulation. JM Corbond III can be used alone or in hybrid systems with JM fiberglass to create a custom insulation application for any use.
- Fomo's products range includes low pressure spray foam insulation in both refillable and disposable systems, sealants, a line of polyurethane-based spray adhesive products, pour-in-place insulation systems, and specialty products recognized for outstanding performance where fire, smoke and toxicity issues are critical concerns.
Ready to talk spray foam? Contact us for a free estimate.